You do not need millions of page views per month to make money blogging.
But you will want to increase your pageviews if you want to make more money.
Every blog is different, but once you understand what your readers want, understand how to effectively reach out to companies for partnerships, and know how to charge the correct rate, you can make a good income online in many cases, regardless of the amount of page views you receive.
But before we talk about traffic, let’s get your content right.
The content of your new blog will be the bait that attracts your readers.
Without great content, even the most well-designed blogs ultimately fail.
You need to produce content that your audience (and customers) would search for and enjoy.
Fortunately, you don’t have to be stuck staring at a blinking text cursor, hoping a great topic will magically strike you.
There are lots of tips you can use to help give you ideas on what content to create.
4 Ways to Create Compelling Content
- 1. Recent events in your industry:
One of the most common ways is to create content that is centered around news in your industry.
For example, during this period of coronavirus, if you are in the food niche, you will realise that foods that boost immunity to Coronavirus have been trending.
You can write on that.
- 2. Social Media:
At this point you know your niche.
Now, go on social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Youtube and find this out – what are the hot topics the influencers/people in your niche are talking about today?
Read through their tweets, social media posts. Check out photos. See what brands influencers in your niche are interacting with.
This should give you ideas on the trending topics in your niche to write about.
- 3. Competitor websites
If you’re not sure what to write about, check out your competitor’s blog.
This is one of the best ways to come up with long lists of topics in bunches.
Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not telling you to steal or plagiarize.
But there is nothing wrong with using their titles and concepts for idea generation.
Look through their posts and start writing down topics you haven’t covered yet.
In addition to your competitor’s titles for new content ideas, you can also look at their comments section.
Read through their comments section as there will be ideas buried there.
You have a huge advantage here because you can try to make your post about the same topic even better than your competitor’s own.
For example, let’s say you got a top 10 list from your competitor’s blog as an inspiration for a new content idea.
Well, you can try to beat them by creating a top 15 list on the same topic.
- 4. Product reviews
Think about recent products you’ve used related to your brand or industry.
You can review these topics in a blog post or video demonstration.
- 5. Personal stories
When in doubt, tell a story about something that happened to you.
It could be a success story. Or maybe tell your audience a story about a mistake you made.
How did you learn from it? How did you get to be where you are today?
I go into much greater detail about all aspects of writing and creating content for blogs that generate income, on our How to Make $1000 Monthly by Writing Course that covers all aspects of blog writing for beginners!
Make sure you join that class by clicking HERE.
Proven Ways To Get Blog Traffic And Attract Your First 1,000 Readers:
Like I said earlier, you do not need millions of page views per month to make money blogging, but it is something you will want to increase if you want to improve your income.
There are many different ways to increase the number of page views you receive so you can make money blogging.
Here are my tips:
- 1. Publish high-quality blog posts – Your blog posts should always be high-quality and helpful. This will lead to readers coming back for more and more.
- 2. Be active on social media, forums & message boards like Nairaland, Reddit, Quora. Facebook is one of my top traffic sources. This all depends on your niche. For some, its Pinterest, some others Instagram, Twitter, Youtube. Being a part of targeted forums and online communities can send loads of traffic to your blog/website. I recommend creating great images, making sure the description and title of your images are catchy.
- 3. Post regularly – For most blogs, you should publish something at least once a week if you want to make money blogging. Going for weeks or months at a time without a blog post can lead to readers forgetting about you.
- 4. Network with other bloggers – Too many bloggers see other bloggers as competition. However, you should see them as friends and colleagues. This means you may want to interact with them on social media, reach out to them via email, attend conferences, and more. Of course, be genuine with it all, and give more than you take. Learn from other top bloggers. Even if you don’t feel ready to connect with other bloggers in your space, at least try to learn from what they’re doing.
- 5. Guest posts and blogging on sites like Medium, Quora, Linkedin: Guest posting can lead to new readers checking out your blog and subscribing to it. This can be a great way to reach a new audience.
- 6. Make sure it’s easy to share contents on your blog – You should always make sure it’s easy for readers to share your contents on your blog.
- 7. Create catchy headlines – The title of your post is a major factor influencing whether readers click over or not.
- 8. Learn SEO – SEO (search engine optimization) is not something I could teach in such a small section of post. I am creating an SEO Course and it’s coming up soon. Will send you an email when it’s ready.
- 9. Make it easy for readers to browse your site – If you want more pageviews, you should make it as easy as possible for readers to read other blog posts of yours. You will want to make it easy for readers to find your blog homepage, categories, tags, search bar, and so on.