Blogging for a Living 2020: Learn How to Start a Blog and Grow a Successful Online Business
Make a full-time living or side-hustle out of blogging: A step-by-step guide on how to create the foundation of a sustainable blogging business, become an influencer and build a powerful, authority website that attracts big brand advertisers, their money and partnerships.
What you'll learn
- Develop the mindset of a successful blogger
- Discover a blogging niche that is profitable
- Choose a niche and come up with a brand.
- Create a brand logo
- Create a fully-fledged blog from scratch
- Know where and how to get great content for your blog posts
- Create blog posts that attract lots of traffic
- Optimize your website for search engines and send high quality visitors to your blog
- Finally, how to monetize your website, approach big brand advertisers and make them spend money on your website.
All you need:
- Just a computer and a stable internet connection.
- No knowledge of blogging or online business is required.
Do you have an idea for a blog you want to start but you have no idea where to start?
Do you already have a blog that you are frustrated with because it’s failing and isn’t producing any income?
Are you a business owner that knows blogging unlocks the key to SEO and viral reach, but you don’t know where to start?
Do you want to monetize your content and turn your blog into a business empire?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, this is the course for you.
If your dream this 2020 is to have complete freedom to work when you want and from where you want and make money online, follow along with me as we build a professional looking blog from scratch, attract traffic using nothing but free methods, and turn it into a fun and profitable online venture.
The training starts out assuming that you have no prior knowledge, but becomes more advanced as you progress through the course.
Learn from an instructor with 7 years experience of building blogs & websites and extensive online marketing experience. By the end of this course you will have a fully-fledged online business. Even if you don’t yet know what to blog about!
Let’s take a look at the top 6 reasons why everyone who strives to earn a living online, should have a blog:
- Blogging is an ideal way to get free traffic from Google and the other search engines
- Blogging can be used to market almost anything at all from affiliate products, to ecommerce, to Amazon listings, and more.
- User-friendly technology available today makes blogging simple, even for non-techies!
- We can use blogging to turn our interests into profit. Almost any subject can be monetized.
- It’s virtually free! You can build and run a successful blog on less than N5,000 per month.
- A blog is an asset and can be sold in the future.
Imagine that your work is also something you really enjoy doing. Most people only ever dream about earning a living from doing something they love. Some are using blogging to realize that dream, so why not you?
Aside from the potential of earning an ongoing income, a blog is actually an asset. Blogs can sell for 4, 5, even 6 figures.
No knowledge or experience is required for this course because you will be following me, click-by-click, step-by-step as we create a blog the right way from the ground up, monetize the blog, promote it using free methods, and finally, build a list of email subscribers so that you can double (or more) your income for the same amount of effort.
You will need to budget for around N3600 per month for hosting. This course uses the WordPress blogging platform, which is user-friendly and has all the features and functions you will need.
Throughout the course I demonstrate every step in detail with ‘over the shoulder’ lectures. You will also learn how to create posts and which types of post work best. You will learn where and how to get content and ideas for your posts. And how to optimize your posts for the search engines – the simple way – and much, much more.
If you’re thinking of starting a blog this year, there’s never been a better time. This course will walk you through the entire process—setting up WordPress, writing stellar content, promoting that content, building an email list, and implementing a revenue model to turn your blog into a business. It’s all here.
Who this course is for:
This course will suit students who want to make a living, or more, from blogging
This course will suit students with no prior experience of blogging or students who want to improve an existing blog.
If you are interested in making money from your blog, but you don’t know where to start, then this course is for you.
I designed this course for beginners and hobby bloggers that want to start making money (or increase their income) from their blog.
If you’re looking for specific, strategic steps to build up a profitable blog, then this course is for you.
I’m all about providing an insane amount of value for a reasonable price. This course is deep, detailed, and very specific. I’m going to shoot you straight from day one and show you the exact steps I took to build my blog into a money-making business.
If you’re okay with putting in the time and effort that it takes to become a successful blogger, then this course is for you.
Nothing works unless you do. You can buy a hundred courses just like this one, but you won’t get anywhere if you don’t put in the work.
- Introduction to the Course
- What You Can Expect From Me + Access to My Blogging Group
MODULE ONE: SETTING UP YOUR BLOG
- Getting Started
- Step One: Choose a Niche/Target Audience
- Step Two: Choose + Buy Your Domain Name
- Step Three: Get Website Hosting
- Step Four: Download WordPress + Secure Your Site
- Step Five: Choose a Theme + Customize Your Settings
- 3 Important Things Your New Blog Needs – Don’t Skip!
- Homework Assignment for Module One
MODULE TWO: HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR SITE DESIGN FOR READERS AND FOLLOWERS
- How to add Adsense in your WordPress Blog
- Putting Your Image and Bio on Your Blog
- Themes, Fonts, Customizations
- Sharing Buttons
- Homework Assignment for Module Two
MODULE THREE: SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
- What is Search Engine Optimization?
- What You Need to Know About Keywords
- Top SEO Tips for Bloggers
- Yoast SEO
- Homework Assignment for Module Three
MODULE FOUR: FOLLOWING THE RULES OF ONLINE BUSINESS
- Contracts and Communication
- Working with Brands and Businesses Online
- Plagiarism, Photo Usage, and Proper Accreditation
- Common Blogger Mistakes to Avoid
- Homework Assignment for Module four
MODULE FIVE: WRITING GREAT BLOG CONTENT
- Getting Started
- What Every Blog Post Needs
- Publishing Your First Blog Post
- Content that Every Website Needs
- Homework Assignment for Module Five
MODULE SIX: HOW TO GET MORE READERS ON YOUR BLOG
- Getting Started
- Helping Readers Find Your Blog
- Helping Potential Clients Find Your Blog
- Getting Attention in the Blogging World
- Promoting Your Blog on Instagram
- Promoting Your Blog on Facebook
- Should You Pay For Adverts?
- Why Every Blogger Needs a Mailing List
- How to Choose an Email Marketing Service Provider
- How to Set Up a Mailing List
- How to Capture Email Addresses on Your Blog
- How to Set Up Email Funnels and Automation
- Homework Assignment for Module Six
MODULE SEVEN: TURNING YOUR BLOG INTO A REAL BUSINESS
- Getting Started
- Creating a Business Plan
- Choosing a Business Structure
- Setting up a Business Bank Account
- Record Keeping and Tax Planning
- Homework Assignment for Module Seven
MODULE EIGHT: HOW BLOGGERS MAKE THEIR MONEY
- Getting Started
- What is a Blogger Anyway?
- How Much Money Can a Blogger Really Make?
- The Top 10 Ways that Bloggers Make Money
- How to use Google AdSense
- Homework Assignment for Module Eight
MODULE NINE: MAKING MONEY THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
- Getting Started
- Homework Assignment for Module Nine
MODULE TEN: HOW TO APPROACH BRANDS & GET ADVERTISEMENTS, SPONSORED POSTS
- What is a Sponsored Post?
- How Much Money Can You Make from Sponsored Posts?
- List of Sponsored Post Networks to Join
- Pitching to Brands for Sponsored Posts, Advertisements, Partnerships
- My Pitch Template
- Pros and Cons of Sponsored Work
- Homework Assignment for Module Ten
CONCLUSION: STAYING MOTIVATED AND ORGANIZED
- Top Organization Tips for Bloggers
- A Simple Goal-Setting System to Help You Get More Done
- 10 Tips for Staying a Successful Blogger
Frequently Asked Questions
How much money can I make from blogging?
The easy answer is “a lot”. The amount of money you make comes from your hard work, your focus, and your strategic planning.
You’ll need to treat your blog like a real business.
This is not a “get rich quick” scheme and money will not magically appear overnight. It takes time and effort.
Some career bloggers make as much as N200,000 a month, and some make over N3million a month. It’s all in your focus, strategy, and efforts.
But you absolutely can turn your blog into your career and make A LOT of money doing it.
Can I take the course at my own pace?
Yes, you can. The course is structured with a daily curriculum, to build on previous concepts and simplify the study material for you.
You will have unlimited access for the entire lifetime of the course.
You can login and catch up on coursework at any point.
You will also have access to all future updates.